GSIHM offers an extensive range of professional courses from Indian awarding bodies such as Karnataka State Open University and Sri Venkateswara University as Coordinator of Algol Business Systems Pvt. Ltd. and Algol Universal Trust, Kalinga University and Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (Study Center 31241).
Karnataka State Open University
The Karnataka State Open University established on 1st June 1996 vide Karnataka Govt. Notification No. ED 1 UOV 95 dated 12th February 1996 - KSOU Act 1992 is considered to be a reputed Open University amongst the open learning institutions in the country.
Karnataka State Open University has been recognized by the following well-known organisation
- The Distance Education Council (DEC) New Delhi,
- Regular member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Delhi,
- Permanent member of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), London, UK,
- Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU), Beijing, China,
- And also has association with Commonwealth of Learning (COL).
National – International Recognition
- Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) was established on 1st June 1996 with the assent of His Excellency Honorable Governor of Karnataka as a full fledged University in the academic year 1996 vide Government notification no ED 1 UOV 95 dated 12th February 1996 (KSOU Act – 1992). The act was promulgated with the object to incorporate an Open University at the State level for the introduction and promotion of Open University and Distance Education systems in the education pattern of the State and for the Co-ordination and determination of standard of such systems.
- With the virtue of KSOU Act of 1992, Karnataka State Open University is empowered to establish, maintain or recognize Colleges, Regional Centers and Study Centers at such places in Karnataka and may also open outside Karnataka at such places as it deems fit.
- Distance Education Council (DEC), New Delhi, has accorded recognition to Karnataka State Open University, Mysore for offering Programmes / Courses approved by the Statutory bodies of the University. Karnataka State Open University is a recognized University of Distance Education Council under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) (Revised notification F. No. DEC/OU/Recog./2008).
- Karnataka State Open University is a regular member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi since 1999 (No. EV/11(80)/99/203935-4172).
- Karnataka State Open University is a permanent member of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), London, United Kingdom since 1999. Its member code is: ZKASOPENUINI.
- Karnataka State Open University is a permanent member of Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU), Beijing, China since 1999.
- Karnataka State Open University has association with Commonwealth of Learning (COL), Vancouver, Canada since 2003. COL is an intergovernmental organization created by Commonwealth Heads of Government to encourage the development and sharing of open learning / distance education knowledge, resources and technologies.
- Recognition Policy of DEC (Distance Education Council)
Algol Universal Trust
Algol Universal Trust was established in the year 2008. Algol Universal Trust (AUT) operates in the area of all modes of education, be it regular, distance, correspondence or online mode.
Algol Universal Trust (AUT) manages Algol School of Management and Technology (ASMT), an international standard campus located on 23 acres of land centrally located in Gurgaon, NCR, Haryana, ASMT Gurgaon offers Industry oriented regular programmes in the area of IT, Management, Engineering and Education, sprawling campus. The total campus strength is approximately 2000 students.
Algol Universal Trust Manages Birmingham Professional College in Birmingham City in UK offering world class programmes in IT and Management. Algol Universal Trust has entered into agreements with various Indian Universities in the area of distance education as well as other allied services to the Universities such as content development in emerging programmes such as Bio Informatics, Bio Technology, Nuclear Physics and many more. In addition Algol Universal Trust also offers services to general public in the area.
Algol Universal Trust has also entered into strategic agreements with World class Universities in the area of programme development, student exchange and Faculty exchange etc.
Algol and its associate companies and Trusts manage 600 study centres in India and abroad offering qualitative distance education. Algol Universal Trust is the partner Institution of Esteemed Karnataka State Open University, Mysore offering certificate, Diploma and UG, PG Degree programmes in the area of IT, Management, Engineering, Traditional and Paramedical streams.
Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
The Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU) was established in July 1989 by Act XX- (1989) of the Maharashtra State Legislature, named after Yashwantrao Chavan, Maharashtra’s great political leader and builder of modern Maharashtra. It is the fifth Open University in India.
The jurisdiction of the university, originally for the State of Maharashtra, has now been extended beyond this State and the university can now operate anywhere across the globe. The YCMOU has been recognised under section 12 (B) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
The University offers offline programmes and has also embarked on online initiatives. The YCMOU has its headquarters at Nashik and provides support to its learners through study centres.